Friday 24 October 2014

FO: The 80s-type Drop Shoulder Sweater

I finished something!! :D

Last year I was given some balls of mohairy/angora type yarn from a friend, and I decided to stripe it with black acrylic to make an 80s-inspired oversized boxy sweater.  I used the drop-shoulder pattern from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns and this is the result:




There was so. much. sewing!  This pattern is written in pieces, which I thought would be perfect for the stripes, but not so much.  I'd been putting off the seaming for ages and realised while I was sewing it up why patterns are mostly written in the round nowadays!  These are all the ends that I had to sew in:


I'm super happy with the sweater though!  It's nice and comfy and cosy and warm.  Perfect for the colder weather :D

I still have some of the fluffy yarn left over - maybe I should make another one? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment